Sunday, March 18, 2012

Another Beasley Boy

On November 26th around 1:30 am I began labor, of course on my families Thanksgiving. We don't have Thanksgiving on Thursday as most do because we can't all be together that day. Of course this year would be different

I called the advice nurse and woke up Damien, and I think he wanted to go back to sleep but he knew it was time so we had to figure out what to do with Drew. Drew then woke up shortly later because he had went pee in the bed! It's like he new the baby was coming. It was the first and only time so far there have been any accidents.

When we got to the hospital it was a long walk and a big disappointment to hear I was only 3 centimeters dilated with 4-5 minute contractions. This time we got in a room pretty quickly and I decided to have an epidural. If I were to change anything about labor, I wouldn't have gotten one. I had not got one with Drew.


I had the help of Damien throughout the labor, except when he went to get coffee and pancakes. He needed that coffee even if it wasn't Starbucks. Danielle and Camila were also there and helped to keep me calm throughout. My mom was there and most of my family joined some time later. When I thought it was time the nurse came in and said I was 9.5 centimeters dilated and that she would be back in 15 minutes! WHAT?! Oh and she said NOT to push! Damien could not believe she was leaving and a minute or so later I said I had to push. He went to get the nurse. The baby was crowning by the time they got set up. I pushed two times for maybe a minute before Damien announced "It's a Boy!"


Of course that's what we thought or at least I did because Damien has always joked with "I don't have girls in me".

Jace Ryan Beasley was born at 12pm, weighing in at 7 lbs 12 oz...two on two out!

No comments:

Post a Comment